Wednesday, December 26, 2007

News from Gina - Pin Ups for Vets

Hello!

It's Gina Elise from www.PinUpsForVets.com

I just wanted to send out a quick e-mail to let you know about the exciting things that have been going on with the project!

First of all, a big thank you goes out to everyone who has supported this project so far. I have lots more funds to raise, but things are moving right along. Whether you have purchased a calendar for yourself, for a hospitalized Veteran, or for a deployed military, the proceeds are going to the polytrama unit at the Los Angeles VA this year!!! Please send out the website link to any friends or family who would be interested in supporting the project. I can't stress enough how much this helps me to get the word out there! www.PinUpsForVets.com

I have made some new additions to the website. If you click on "In the News",
http://pinupsforvets.com/inthenews.html
you will see an interview from my recent trip to the 2007 BlogWorldExpo in Las Vegas. I met some amazing people there---including many of the bloggers who have supported this project!!! You know who you are!!! :) I was able to sell calendars and posters at the conference as well to do some fundraising right in the Military.com booth!!! I posted pictures from this trip on the "In the Field" pages starting on page 16: http://pinupsforvets.com/gallery/

Just returned from making a visit to the VA Hospital in San Diego and spending time to give out many of YOUR donated calendars to the hospitalized vets there. I met some amazing people including a 96 year old female WWII Vet--she was in the Army Signal Corps for four years. I was visiting with another Vet who had suffered a traumatic brain injury. I was talking to him...he told me his name, birthday, branch of the military...and after I left the room, the nurses told me that this was the first time he's talked in a month !!! You can check out the shots from this trip starting on page 22 of "In The Field" link on the website.

I just had my 4th flag presented to me that was flown in Iraq in honor of the project. Also, I recently posted a virtual "Happy Holidays to the Troops" --a 15 second clip on youtube! Check it out here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=4FKRRrZoOy4
I want to wish all of the calendar supporters a very Happy Holidays and a very happy, healthy, safe 2008.

As many of you know, I am planning a trip to Walter Reed and Bethesda Naval hospital, hoping to bring with me at LEAST 100 donated calendars to the Wounded Warriors there. If you could donate a calendar for this trip, I would be so appreciative.

I also added another link to the site called "HELP". Here you can see some letters from deployed military members and disabled Vets requesting calendars. You can also view some thank you letters from the hospitals I have visited: http://www.pinupsforvets.com/help.html
I would like to visit many more VA hospitals to bring your donated calendars!

Thank you again for all of your support! If you haven't already done it, please send me a picture with your calendars so I can post it on "In The Field" pages!!! I love seeing all your faces and getting to know my supporters!

Happy Holidays!
Gina Elise
www.pinupsforvets.com

No comments: