Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Making Blankets of Hope

Today, I had the honor of meeting some remarkable women. The Nevada Solitaires. This group of ladies are remarkable as many are veterans from WWII. One lady in particular told me about being stationed Germany, and another lady told a story about vacationing in London, England (my home town) and getting lost following a Black Taxi cab just after the war ended.

I wanted to take the Chance to thank each of these ladies for the wonderful stories and sharing their memories with me. i will cherish today for a long time to come. Special thanks goes to Billie Entremont for arranging today and Klara for being the impromptu leader while Billie is away.

Today after giving a talk about Soldiers Angels and just some of the SA programs, the ladies set to work on making Blankets of Hope for our injured troops in Lundstahl, Germany. We made 8 Blankets in just under 90 minutes. Thank you ladies, good work. I know the troops who receive these blankets will just love them.

Enjoy the photo's.





1 comment:

Raja29 said...

Excellent work!!! I'm sure it was a great experience!